Saturday, November 8, 2008

I get by with a little help from my friends.



Today I was lucky enough to have lunch (thanks mom for babysitting) with people my own age (instead of 4 and 7 year olds). Bonnie, Chris, Vicky and I went to high school together (I have known Bonnie since I was five and went to grade school with her and Vicky.). I see Bonnie quite often but hadn't been in touch with Vicky or Chris since we graduated. Today we renewed old friendships. If you were sitting next to us, I truly don't think you would know that we hadn't seen each other in many (many) years! Our 3 1/2 hour lunch seemed like 5 minutes. I LOVED every minute of it. It was so much fun to see what has been going on in their lives and to reminisce.
I remember reading a book (it might have been Angry Housewives Eating BonBons by Lorna Landvik) where the main character was dying. She was trying to figure out the details of her will and she was wishing that she could leave her friends (in her will) to her children. It's a shame you can't pass on something that valuable. So, to my friends, I love and treasure each and every one of you. I would love to name every one of you here but would feel terrible if I left someone's name out. If I have done my job as a friend, you know who you are. Thank you for being a part of my life. In the words of Randy Newman (Remember this song from Toy Story?): "You've got troubles, I've got 'em too. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for you. We'll stick together to see it through cause you've got a friend in me."
Good night and sweet dreams.

No comments: