Friday, July 17, 2009

The yummy smells of summer

Yes, it really is summer. Doesn't feel like it when it's only 60 degrees in the middle of July. I really LOVE all the good smells that come with this season. The smell of fresh cut grass and sunscreen on Carly and Alex are a few of my favorites. I also love the smells of the flowers and trees. In the picture below, the white flowers are alyssum. If you have never smelled this dainty little flower you should definitely do that. They are delicious. I can smell them when I am sitting in the rocker on the porch.

I also love the smell of the flowers that appear on the Linden tree. We have one growing in the front yard. It's a slow grower, we've had it for at least 14 years. The blooms are so fragrant that you can smell them all over the front yard. The bees ADORE this tree. There are so many hanging around it that when I water the plants at the base, I can hear a constant buzz from them. It's cool but just a little bit creepy.
Gotta go and get the kids ready for bed. Have a good night. Hugs. Laura

2 comments:

Mom said...

You had me smell the Alyssum last Thursday and I really loved the scent -- it was wonderful. Of course I immediately forgot the name of the flower when I tried to tell Karen about it.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that "Mom" is commenting on your blog!
We have officially reached the
21st century. It's a good feeling, isn't it??
Hey "Mom" !